TAKE SACRT TO THE CAPITOL BEER FEST!
- For your convenience, RT has 52 light rail stations and 22 park-and-ride lots in a 43-mile service area.
- On weekends, trains operate every 30 minutes. Click here for light rail schedules or visit sacrt.com.
- RT will add extra train cars to accommodate crowds attending the event.
RECOMMENDED ARRIVAL STATION
- Passengers riding to downtown on the Blue Line from Citrus Heights/Roseville should exit the train at the 10th & K Station and walk to 5th and H streets.
- Passengers riding to downtown on the Blue Line from south Sacramento/Elk Grove should exit the train at the 9th & K Station and walk to 5th and H streets.
- Passengers riding to downtown on the Gold Line from Folsom/Rancho Cordova should exit the train at the Sacramento Valley Station just steps from the event.
- Remember, light rail trains operate on one-way streets in downtown, so you need to board Blue Line return trains in a different location than where you exited. Passengers riding the Gold Line will exit and return at the same location
RECOMMENDED DEPARTURE STATIONS
- Passengers taking the Blue Line toward Citrus Heights/Roseville should board trains at the 9th & K Station.
- Passengers taking the Blue Line toward south Sacramento/Elk Grove should board trains at the 7th & Capitol Station.
- Passengers taking the Gold Line to Rancho Cordova/Folsom stations should board trains at the Sacramento Valley Station (same as the arrival station).
Plan ahead and avoid standing in line at fare ticket machines and purchase your round-trip pass in advance! Download RT’s mobile fare app, RideSacRT, for iOS and Android devices.
You can set up a secure account to purchase, save and use tickets and passes for RT bus and light rail trips right from your smartphone. Or, you can purchase tickets and passes using cash, debit or credit cards at most light rail station fare vending machines.
- Event Round-Trip Pass (Best Value – per person!)*
Purchase round-trip fare with a single transaction on event day with a valid Capitol Beer Fest ticket.
- Daily Pass (per person): $7
Valid on RT buses and light rail all day.
- Single Ride Ticket (per person): $2.75
Valid for one ride each direction on bus or light rail.
Discount fares are available and apply to students (age 5 to 18), seniors (age 62 and over), and persons with disabilities. Presentation of an acceptable ID, as specified in RT’s adopted fare structure, is required.
*Can only be purchased on Parkeon fare vending machines (dark grey kiosks) at key light rail stations.
HOW TO RIDE
5 Easy Steps to Riding Light Rail
- Purchase a ticket at the fare vending machine. Light rail passengers who fail to show proof of payment may be fined.
- Wait on the correct side of the track. The blue and white signs can tell you on which side of the station platform you should stand.
- When the train arrives, push the button on the door to enter.
- Find your seat.
- Listen and watch for your stop.
- When you arrive at your station, push the button to open the door, and exit.
Mobile Website: m.sacrt.com
Phone: 916-321-BUSS (2877) – Monday through Friday from 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Security Operations Center: 916-556-0275.